Immigration Consultants Brampton - Mississauga - Toronto

Canadian Immigration Consultants

For Consultation
   (647) 556-1781



Crightney Immigration Blog

This is the official blog of Crightney Immigration Inc.

Mr. Batalmea Crightney is an accomplished certified Immigration Consultant with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), the designated authority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, to govern Immigration Consultants. Mr. Crightney has many years of Immigration experience, and retains a vast knowledge of litigation and immigration experience, having worked for large Global Immigration Law Firms as their immigration legal representative on immigration matters including international projects, business planning and financial management.

Mr. Crightney holds a Law & Political Science Degree, and an Immigration Consultant Diploma. He also has completed professional training and development in Public Relation-Canadian Management, Business Management and a Harvard University Business School Operative.


Crightney Immigration Inc. – A Complete Guide To Express Entry in Canada

Crightney Immigration Inc. – A Complete Guide To Express Entry in CanadaBased in Brampton, Mississauga and Toronto Ontario, Crightney Immigration Inc. is a well known Canadian Immigration Consultant firm. With a successful and proven track record for providing highly efficient services, the company always sticks to its commitment for helping people...
Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
1093 Hits

Canada’s Immigration System With the Election of the Liberal Party

Great win for Canada’s Immigration System with the election of the Liberal Party and Canada’s new Prime Minster Justin Trudeau. Justin Trudeau has promised to reform Canada’s Immigration System.

Justin Trudeau Canada’s Immigration Plan will be as follows“:

  • Expand Canada’s intake to 25,000 refugees from Syria and Iraq through immediate, direct sponsorship by the government of Canada. We will also work with private sponsors to intake even more.
  • Invest an additional $200 million over this fiscal year and next to increase without reducing health and safety standards – refugee processing, as well as sponsorship and settlement services capacity in Canada.
  • Provide an immediate $100 million new contribution to the United Nations High Commission for Refugees to support the critical relief activities in the region.

Additional improvements will make Canada’s refugee system include:

  • Fully restoring the Interim Federal Health Program.
  • Establishing an Expert Human Rights Panel for determination of designated countries of origin and to provide a right to appeal refugee decisions for citizens from these countries. This panel will include representatives from international human rights groups.
  • Ending the practice of appointing individuals without subject matter expertise to the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada.

The Liberal government will make family reunification one of its core immigration priorities, because when families are able to stay together, their integration to Canada and ability to work and grow their communities all improve.

Immediate steps will include:

  • Nearly doubling the budget for family class immigration processing, in order to restore processing times to the levels achieved before the Harper decade.
  • Doubling the number of new applications allowed each year, for parents and grandparents, from 5,000 to 10,000.
  • Providing greater accessto applicants with Canadian siblings, by granting additional points under the Express Entry system. They will also conduct a review of the program, ensuring that processing times are efficient.
  • Restoring the maximum age for dependents to 22 instead of 19, allowing Canadians often live-in caregivers to bring their children to Canada.
  • Granting immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada, rather than imposing a two-year conditional status that puts spouses often women in a position of extreme vulnerability.
  • The Liberal Party will repeal the unfair elements of Bill C-24 that create second-class citizens and the elements that make it more difficult for hard-working immigrants to become Canadian citizens.
  • Restore the residency time credit for foreign students and other temporary residents applying to become Canadian citizens. The Liberal Party will make changes to the Canadian Experience Class to reduce the barriers to immigration that have been imposed on international students.
  • Eliminate the $1,000 Labour Market Impact Assessment fee for families seeking caregivers to care for family members with physical or mental disabilities.
  • The Liberal Party will work with the provinces and territories to develop a system of regulated companies to hire caregivers on behalf of families. This will enable caregivers to change employers in the case of bad relations or abuse, and it will relieve families of the need to navigate a complex bureaucracy in order to hire caregivers.”

The Immigration Plan proposed by the Liberal government will provide hope and opportunity to Immigrants and Canadian families as the future looks bright for Canada’s Immigration System.

To begin an immigration application for Canada contact us at 647-556-1781 or visit us at

Source: The Liberal Party of Canada




Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
2801 Hits

Residency Requirements and Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act

On June 11, 2015 Citizenship and Immigration Canada announced that the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act is now in force. The new rules will increase the residency requirement and impose stringent “physical presence” requirement on applicants applying for Canadian citizenship.

New Changes Include:

An increase in the number of days adult applicants must be present in Canada to four years out of six, from the previous three years out of four;

An introduction of knowledge test for all applicants from ages 14 to 64 years old;

Requirement that adult applicants be physically present in Canada for at least 183 days for each of the four years within the qualifying residency period;

Applicants must submit proof of tax filings for the qualifying period;

Applicants must now declare their intent to reside in Canada;

What does this mean for Permanent Residents?:

The new changes now make it more challenging for Permanent Residents to qualify for Canadian citizenship. The physical residency requirement will affect business travelers and other permanent residents whose work requires their absence from Canada for periods of time.

However, Permanent Residents who are frequently away from Canada may still qualify for citizenship if they can prove that they are established in Canada during the qualifying period.

If you have questions about the new citizenship requirements or would like to submit a Canadian Citizenship Application please contact us at 647-556-1781

Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
1633 Hits

The Four-Year Cumulative Cap on Temporary Foreign Workers Takes Effect on April 1, 2015

On April 1, 2011 Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) introduced a four-year cumulative duration limit on the length of time certain Temporary Foreign Workers could work in Canada. Temporary Foreign Workers (TFWs) affected in Canada as of April 1, 2011 were given four years under the regulation, regardless of the length of time they had been in Canada before April 1, 2011. Consequently, the first day that any temporary foreign worker may reach their cumulative limit is April 1, 2015.

Who are affected?

The four-year cumulative cap applies to all Temporary Foreign Workers who has work permits under skill level NOC B, C and D with a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or formally a Labour Market Opinion (LMO).

Who are exempt from the four-year regulation?

There are foreign workers who are exempted from the four-year cumulative limit, which includes:

  • TFWs who are working in Managerial (NOC 0) or professional (NOC A) occupations;
  • TFWs who are exempted from obtaining an LMIA, including spouses and common-law partners of NOC 0 or NOC A skilled professionals, religious workers and refugee claimants;
  • TFWs who are working in Canada under NAFTA or other international agreements;
  • Those who are exempted from obtaining an LMIA, including spouses and common-law partners of NOC 0 or NOC A skilled professionals, religious workers and refugee claimants;
  • Those who have applied for Permanent Residence and have received confirmation that their application has been accepted

If affected, what should I do?

Temporary Foreign Workers who are not exempt from the four-year regulation and who have been working in Canada for a cumulative total of four years are not eligible to work in Canada until an additional four years has passed. Individuals affected may remain in Canada, if they have legal status as a visitor or student, but they may not work for four years.

Temporary Foreign Workers currently in Canada working should consider applying for Permanent Residence through the Express Entry Program or the Provincial Nominee Program.

If you would like more information about the cumulative four-year cap on Temporary Foreign Workers or would like assistance in preparing an application for Permanent Residence contact us to begin your application at 647-556-1781.


Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
1579 Hits

Skilled Trades

Today Canada lacks skilled tradespeople to help grow its economy. It is expected that over the next ten years, thousands of trade positions will open. The new Foreign Worker Skilled Trades Program will allow many tradespeople such as machine operators, construction workers, cooks, and other trade occupations to work in and immigrate to Canada. The benefit of working in a trade occupation in Canada is largely due to great wages, working conditions and the benefit of gaining Permanent Resident status for the tradesperson and their family.

To find out how to apply under the Skilled Trades Program contact us at 647-556-1781 or send us an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

You can also visit our webpage to learn more about the Skilled Trades Program

Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
1731 Hits

Immigration Lawyer and Immigration Consultants

Maximize your chance for success and getting your application approved:                                            

With Crightney Immigration Inc. we know immigration law and can help you to determine if you are eligible under one or more Canadian immigration programs. We can assist you in choosing the utmost appropriate immigration program best suited for your situation. We are experienced immigration experts at understanding immigration law, the process and have dealt with vast applications similar to your situation. 

How much does it cost to hire an Immigration Lawyer and an Immigration Consultant?

Generally the fees in Canada to hire an Immigration Consultant are reasonable less than an Immigration Lawyer. For example, an Immigration Lawyer first consultation may cost between $350 and $500, whereas an Immigration Consultant may charge between $150 and 250. However, in some cases the cost may vary depending on the qualification and experience of the immigration expert you are dealing with.

With Crightney Immigration Inc. we are experienced, trained and our cost is always a fraction of the cost for obtaining immigration assistance.

What should someone look for when hiring an Immigration Lawyer or and Immigration Consultant?

When hiring an Immigration Lawyer and an Immigration Consultant, you should be sure that the immigration expert is licensed and authorized to provide paid legal advise. Only immigration experts authorized and in good standing with the designated groups below can charge a fee for immigration assistance.

·      Lawyers and Paralegals who are members in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society,

·      Notaries who are members in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec and

·      Immigration Consultants who are members in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC).

At Crightney Immigration Inc. we are authorized by the ICCRC and we are trained and have extensive experienced to represent you with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).  


Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
3668 Hits

Work Permit Validity

I plan to work in Canada for one (1) year, but my passport will expire before I apply. Can I obtain a full year work permit?

In principle, the validity of an individual work permit cannot exceed the validity of an individual passport. When applying for a work permit, an individual should determine that their passport is valid for the period of time as they requested on their work permit application. Click Here To Get Help With Your Work Permit Application

Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
1940 Hits

Visitor Visa Rejection

If my Visitor Visa application was refused, will this negatively affect my new Visitor Visa Application in the future?

A refusal of a Visitor Visa application does not prevent an individual from submitting a new Visitor Visa application. The effect a prior refusal has on the new Visitor Visa application will depend on the reason for refusal. As a general rule, the individual will have to demonstrate that they have new information or supporting documents before making a new Visitor Visa Application. Click Here To Get Help To Apply For Visa

Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
1842 Hits

Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship

New Parent and Grandparent Program re-opens on January 2, 2014

On January 2, 2014 Citizenship and Immigration Canada will re-open the Parent and Grandparent (PGP) Program for new applications. However, a maximum of 5,000 sponsorship applications will be accepted in the program in 2014.

Once the PGP reopens there will be new qualifying criteria’s for permanent residency sponsorship of parents and grandparents. Some of the many changes will be the increase in financial responsibility of sponsors and the change of maximum age of dependent children from age 22 to age 18. 

Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
3597 Hits

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: I want to sponsor my common-law partner or conjugal partner or my spouse (wife or husband) to Canada. What can I do?

Answer: First you must decide on what application is best suitable for your situation.

There are three types of application, common-law partner, conjugal partner or spousal (married). For all three (3) types you must demonstrate that your relationship is genuine. In a common-law relationship you need to demonstrate that you and your partner have lived together for at least one (1) year before submitting your application. For a conjugal relationship, you must demonstrate that you have joint affairs and that there are bona fide immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. For example, your partner can obtain a visitor visa to visit Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to obtain one full year in Canada, even if the visiting partner cannot work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier can sometimes exist if your partner tries to get a visitor visa to visit Canada and is repeatedly refused. However, other factors are to be considered than merely having your partner visa repeatedly refused.

Rate this blog entry:
Continue reading
2561 Hits