If you want to pursue your higher studies from a Canadian University, college, or school, you need to apply for a student visa also know as a study permit. However, to proceed with the visa application process, you first need a letter of acceptance from the Canadian educational institution where you wish to study.
In some cases, you don’t need a student visa to study in Canada:
- If the program or course that you intend to study is less than six months in duration.
- If you are a family/staff member of a foreign representative to Canada.
- If you are a member of a foreign armed force.
Eligibility Criteria to get a student visa for Canada:
- You must be accepted by a school/college/University or any other authorized educational institute in Canada.
- You must prove that you have sufficient funds to pay for your:
- tuition fees;
- living expenses in Canada; and
- return transportation for yourself
- You should not have any criminal record.
- You must be in a state of good health.
- You must convince the immigration officer that you will leave Canada after your program completion.
A Temporary Resident Visa or TRV may be required if the student is a citizen of a country from which Temporary Resident Visas are required for entry into Canada. A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) isn’t required for citizens of visa exempt countries.
To know if you are eligible to apply for a Canadian student visa, (study permit), contact Crightney Immigration Inc. for a free assessment. We are one of the most trusted immigration consultants company in Canada with a proven track record of successfully handling thousands of student visa applications. You can reach us at 1-800-556-4581 or (647) 556-1781 to discuss your needs.