Why Choose Us

Why Choose Us

Choosing Crightney Immigration Inc. an Immigration Consultant Firm or Other Immigration Lawyer Firms?

When submitting an immigration application, you can attempt to do it yourself or hire a licensed and trained professional to assist you.

Although the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) formally Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website allows you to moderately apply for temporary or permanent residence, the reality is fairly different.

For example, did you know that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website only provides the most basic list of required supporting evidence? More often than not, the list provided by IRCC is insufficient to convey the elements of evidence needed to support an application. In addition, the application forms must be completed in an explicit way. With the slightest of errors an application can be delayed for months, or even rejected.

Often times, significant documents such as affidavits and supplementary documents, are unquestionably required for a successful application. However, you will only discover this when your application is rejected.

A submission letter is another important document to provide to IRCC when submitting your application. A well drafted submission letter can significantly assist in making an application compelling, as a submission letter assists the visa officer in knowing the issues at hand and the resolution to those issues in a particular application. Do you know how to draft a compelling submission letter?

You may also encounter frustration contacting the IRCC Call Centre for assistance. Many individuals have experienced extensive waiting periods on the phone, and received answers from a Call Centre employee who does not properly provide answers to issues. At Crightney Immigration Inc. we have access to contact information for managers in each visa office around the world. This information is not available to the public in general; it is only shared with the Canadian Bar Association and Immigration Consultants licensed by the Canadian regulatory body (ICCRC).

So the questions you may have at this point is, 1) Who are these licensed professionals that can assist me with my immigration application and 2) Why hire Crightney Immigration Inc?

To assist you with your immigration file, you may choose to use a representative such as an Immigration Consultant who is in good standing with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), or lawyers and paralegals who are members in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society, or notaries who are members in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec.

You should choose Crightney Immigration Inc. We have the legal authority under the ICCRC to act as an immigration representative, and hold a government issued license to do so. Plus we are well versed in the areas of immigration matters and have successful assisted many individuals with their immigration files.

You may also wonder what is the difference between hiring an Immigration Lawyer or an Immigration Consultant since both immigration consultants and immigration lawyers offer services associated to helping people with their immigration and visa applications. First, you should know that to become either an immigration lawyer or an immigration consultant there are various educational prerequisites that have to be met.

For example, in order to become an Immigration Lawyer, you have to complete law school, and then undertake 10 months of apprenticeship training, which is called articling. In addition, an individual must complete at least 2 years of undergraduate university. Lawyers must also pass their Bar Examinations, which allows them to practice law.

Immigration Consultants also must meet various requirements in order to represent clients. Consultants have to be Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents and a graduate from an accredited immigration practitioner’s program. They have to complete a mandatory pre-admission course exam for membership into the ICCRC too. Finally, Immigration Consultants have to pass a language proficiency test, show proof of good character and must have no criminal record.

In fact both Immigration Lawyers and Immigration Consultants have to have liability insurance, which helps to protect clients and representatives if there are claims of liability. Nonetheless, whether you are considering hiring an immigration lawyer or an immigration consultant, it is important that you evaluate the professional you are hiring.

So how to choose who to hire? Crightney Immigration Inc. is led by Mr. Batalmea Crightney, who is an accomplished certified Immigration Consultant with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), the designated authority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, to govern Immigration Consultants. Mr. Crightney has many years of Immigration experience, and retains a vast knowledge of litigation and immigration experience, having worked for large Global Immigration Law Firms as their Immigration Legal Representative on immigration matters including international projects, business planning and financial management.

Mr. Crightney holds a Law & Political Science Degree, as well as an Immigration Consultant Diploma. He also has completed professional training and development in Public Relation-Canadian Management, Business Management and a Harvard University Business School Operative.

For further information please contact us at info@crightneyimmigration.com. Or Call +1 (647) 556-1781

Post-Graduation Work Permits- Work in Canada

Post-Graduation Work Permits- Work in Canada

On February 14, 2019 Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) extended the application period for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWPP).International Students now have 180 days (6 months) to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit after completing their College or University Program. The PGWPP allows students who have graduated from eligible Canadian designated learning institutions to obtain an open work permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience in the national occupational code A, O or B that is gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class, within Express Entry.

To apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit, Student Immigration Service or any Canadian Immigration Programs contact Crightney Immigration at 1-800-556-4581 or at 647-556-1781 or visit us at www.crightneyimmigration.com

Proof Of Settlement Funds Has Increased For Express Entry Applicants

Proof Of Settlement Funds Has Increased For Express Entry Applicants

The Government of Canada has increased the settlement proof of funds requirement. The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. For example, for a single person arriving unaccompanied in Canada, there is an increase from $12,474 to $12,669. All Federal Skilled Worker Class Program and the Federal Skilled Trades Class Program applicants must show proof of funds, which are required to ensure the principal applicant and their accompanying family members have the financial means to support themselves once they settle in Canada as permanent residents. Applicants applying under the Canadian Experience Class Program are exempt from having to prove they have the minimum settlement funds. Number of family members funds are required in Canadian dollars.

To apply for Express Entry or to know more about the proof of settlement funds contact us at www.crightneyimmigration.com or call us at 1-800-556-4581 or at 647- 556-1781

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Program

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Program

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has announced the Parents and Grandparents Program will be opening in late January 2019. Last year IRCC announced that it will accept 20,000 applications for the sponsorship of parents and grandparents in 2019. The Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Program will be available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents meeting the eligibility requirements who wish to sponsor their parents and grandparents. An important factor for sponsors will be to demonstrate they have minimum income requirements, evidence they can financially support their dependents and the applicant(s). Applicants being sponsored must also meet other immigration requirements.

Contact us to apply to Sponsor your Parents and Grandparents or to apply for other immigration programs for Canada. Visit us at www.crightneyimmigration.com or call us at 1-800-556-4581 or 647-556-1781.

B.C. PNP opens a new Regional Pilot program for immigrant Entrepreneurs

​The British Columbia (BC) PNP program is intended to support regional communities to attract entrepreneurs with a desire to start businesses, create jobs and settle in regional centers of British Columbia. The Program is set to begin in 2019. Communities must be located farther than 30 kilometres from a population centre of fewer than 75,000 people in order to be enrolled in the pilot.

The entrepreneur must conduct an exploratory visit to the community where they wish to set up their business, and must be granted a community referral before registering for the program.

Approved entrepreneurs will be issued a work permit to enable the entrepreneur to operate their business. The BC PNP will also issue a nomination certificate for permanent residence once it has been establish that the business has met all the Program requirements .

Eligibility factors:

The criteria targets entrepreneurs with a desire to start a business and settle in regional communities 

  • exploratory community visit
  • minimum of $100,000 in eligible business investments
  • minimum personal net worth of $300,000
  • minimum of 51% ownership
  • minimum of 1 new job created

As part of the exploratory visit, the foreign entrepreneur will present their business idea to the community’s designated contact person. The contact person will prepare a referral form for submission as part of the applicant’s BC PNP registration.

The Regional Pilot is intended for entrepreneurs who are starting a new business. Entrepreneurs wishing to purchase existing businesses are able to register/apply under the Entrepreneur Immigration category of the program.

Source BC PNP. 

To apply through a Business Immigration Program or Express Entry and any Canadian Immigration Program contact us at 647-556-1781 or 1-800-556-4581 or visit us at http://www.crightneyimmigration.com